Neurodiversity and your Business
Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia Training
Our training is specifically written for your business, so its relevant and makes sense. It enables your business to understand the specific needs of your neurodivergent staff and customers allowing for even better communication and understanding. We invest considerable time preplanning your training event so that it covers those topics that you want covering in the format you prefer.
Training for Neurodiversity can be face to face in groups of up to 20, or online for larger organisations and it is role specific. This means that it differs not only from business to business but also role to role. Here are some examples of training events delivered in the past 12 months:
- Line manager training for managing ADHD and Autism in the workplace
- Autism and neurodiversity for HR staff
- Autism training for customer service staff
- Training for Occupational health teams
- Awareness for legal teams
Our feedback score for our training stands at 9.5 – something we’re very proud of.
Workplace assessments are the best way to analyse the needs of the individual following disclosure of a hidden disability like ADHD, Autism or Dyslexia. Ranging in depth from a few hours to a few days, we ensure that you get all the information you need to make informed choices about the support you can offer. We work closely with Occupational health professionals, HR and line mangers in order to build up a comprehensive audit of the individual’s workplace. This then forms the basis of a detailed report which includes suggestions of reasonable adjustments.
“I found the day fascinating and very useful. Thank you for your time and feedback and I hope that we can work with you on this going forward. Your expert insight in this area has been an eye opener for all of us”Gareth, Middle Manager
Job coaches can play a vital part of the communication process. They can help your neurodivergent staff understand what you need from them, and translate their needs to the organisation. Our coaching not only improves staff retention but also unlocks the potential of these employees within your organisation. Job coaches can help restore trust and make for a more positive working environment by teaching strategies to help with:
- Time keeping
- Communicating with team members
- Low self esteem
- Planning, prioritising and organising work
- Following instructions
Company Neurodiversity Champions
These are your employees, who are trained, by us, within your organisation to drive forward your own agenda. The course is 2 days and looks at:
- What is Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia?
- Challenges and skill sets
- Best practice for managing neurological differences in the workplace
- Supporting line managers
- Strategies and case studies
Support and training for Human Resources on ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia
We understand that as disclosure of hidden disabilities is becoming more commonplace, HR are being relied on more to supply support. More often than not they rely on personal experience and what can be found online. We provide either 1 or 2 day HR courses to empower your staff to make decisions based on current research and best practice. Topics taught this year include:
- Guidance for Inclusive recruitment, including wording for job descriptions, reasonable adjustments in interviews and onboarding
- How to retain and progress the neurologically different
- Coping with sensory overload incidents at work
- Guidance on performance managing people with hidden disabilities
- How to get the best our of those with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia in interviews
- Producing a Neurodiversity portfolio
As part of your employee care package you might be looking for reliable diagnostic reports to ensure the company, occupational health team and the individual know what neurological condition you are dealing with.
Often, money is wasted on obtaining reports which don’t tell you all you need to know. We work closely with practitioners to make sure you get the right information you need, when you need it. For example:
- A full assessment report for someone who suspects they are Autistic
- A diagnostic assessment for Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dysgraphia
- A full diagnostic report, with workplace recommendations for Dyslexia
- A screening test for ADHD to see if a full assessment is needed
Equality Act Advice
Creased Puddle works with a number of award winning employment lawyers. Within the last 12 months we have worked closely with both Torque Law of York and Thrive Law of Leeds.
Both Torque Law and Thrive are able to offer up to date legal advice and guidance on the Equality Act, working with your HR team to ensure that you are fully compliant. We have been guest speakers at breakfast meetings for HR staff and delivered Neurodiversity awareness sessions to their staff.
“Great event Caroline I really enjoyed the buzz in the room and the energy created by folk seeking to be change agents in their work environments. Thanks Torque Law And Creased Puddle for this great initiative!” Lis Johnstone, Chair, YADDA